Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Letter to Fellow Pinners: Chronicles of a Problem Eater

Dear Food and Parenting Bloggers:

I am the mom of a problem eater.  I call him a "problem" eater, because the word "picky" doesn't fully express my frustration.  I spend hour upon hour searching Pinterest for recipes my child *might* try.  Hour upon hour planning cute ways to present food my child probably won't eat.  I throw countless untouched meals in the trash.  We've visited doctors and nutritionists.  Had every test under the sun run.  It's a never ending struggle.  "He'll eat when he's hungry", well-meaning friends say.  Nope.  He.Just.Won't.Eat.  

I can't be alone.  My child cannot possibly be the only kid on earth who eats only a handful of things... and only when he feels like it.  I feel alone, though.  Google "recipes for picky eaters" or "get your picky eater to eat" and you'll find ways to hide veggies in things like macaroni and cheese, pasta sauce, and smoothies.  Super.  But that doesn't help.  He actually will eat veggies but won't dare eat pasta sauce.  What I would do to be able to go to dinner and order him macaroni and cheese?!  It must be so simple.  

This consumes my life.  

Someone please write a book on how to feed non-meat-eating, non-mac-n-cheese-eating, veggie-loving children. Please. 

Sincerely, 

Tired Mom of a Problem Eater

No comments:

Post a Comment