Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Seasons of Change

I recently read a very powerful quote: “Remember life is seasonal.”  What a wonderful reminder that challenges we may be facing now will fade into a new season of life. 

 
As I turn 30-something this year I find myself in the middle of a seasonal change.  They say every 5-7 years represents a “season” and I feel that is pretty accurate.  About 5 years after graduating from college I noticed a big change in my life: it was time to rid myself of people and activities that just weren’t fitting with my changing life.  Many people in my life had changed as well and we were drifting apart.  It’s time to do that again - appropriately, another 5 years later.  (WOW - I just made myself feel incredibly old realizing I graduated college more than 10 years ago!)

 
This year has been one filled with change for me.  I’ve spent a lot of time working to improve myself: emotionally, physically, professionally, spiritually, and socially.  I have a lot of work left to do but I am pleased with how far I’ve come thus far.  With that in mind, I find myself drifting apart from some people.  I lost some very dear friends this year to moves and divorces and others have faded into their own busy lives.  If this year has taught me anything, I have become more aware of who wants to be in my life.  Reciprocal relationships are key to me.  Relationships should provide positivity in each person’s life.  If they don’t, it’s time to let go and begin building new ones.  While sad in the moment, it will be a positive change in the long run.  People and relationships change over time, and that’s okay.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment