Monday, March 10, 2014

Kyran's First Week at School ... Success? Eh

Our little guy started school last week.  Tear.  What I expected to be a tough transition, has been much harder than I ever expected.  He really is having a hard time adjusting.  Since I returned from maternity leave, when he was 12 weeks old, he has been with a dear family friend who we consider family or with his daddy.  What a spoiled little boy.  He socializes well with other kids so that was never really our concern.  Mostly, how would he deal with not being the only child?  

His first day was a success.  I was fortunate enough to work from home that day to allow me to drop him off in his classroom and see him when he returned home.  He wasn't pleased at drop-off but seemed to have great time when the day was over.  He's very excited about his lunch box... if only he would eat his lunch :) 


As the week went on, however, the days were harder and harder on everyone.  

On Wednesday afternoon, I got the dreaded call.  He had a sudden, very high fever.  You see, he has a history of febrile seizures.  Every time he gets a fever, I fear the worst.  There he was, an hour away from me, in a strange place with people who weren't prepared for the what if.  Ugh.  My heart sank.  Feverishly, I called everyone I knew to get to him quickly.  Luckily, we made in to him and got him home and medicated before anything happened.  God was with us for sure.  I spent the next four days at home with him worrying myself sick until the fever dropped.  My poor angel hasn't had the best start to his school experience, and neither have I. 

For all of us, I sure hope it gets better soon.  Or mommy's gonna needs some good anxiety meds :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment