Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Bucket List 2014

I love a good list.   I have lists for everything!  A "To-Do" list.  A shopping list.  A project list.  A wish list.  A Christmas list.  A "things I'll never get to but why not dream" list.  You get the idea.  If I see goals on paper, I will work to accomplish them.  Otherwise, I tend to either forget about them or get overwhelmed with ideas and nothing gets done.  

Seasonal to-do lists are no different.  If I don't write down all the ideas I have for our family, summer will come and go and we will have done nothing "fun".  They also motivate me to get up and out of the house!  I can be bit of a hermit sometimes.  

We started the Summer Bucket List tradition last year as a way to spend quality time together as a family and stay on a very tight budget.  We didn't accomplish many of last year's ideas, but that's okay because that just meant those ideas made a reappearance on this year's bucket.  

Kyran helped put our clothespin ideas on the bucket.
They were all backwards, but he had a blast nonetheless!

Some of this year's summer plans include: 
  • Visiting a splash park in the area.  
  • Going on a family hike and picnic.
  • Having a quick beach getaway.  
  • Checking out Dinosaur World.  (K is obsessed with Dinosaurs right now!)
  • Flying a kite.  I picked up a Superman kite months ago on a random Walmart trip and have just been waiting for a nice breezy break from our hot, humid 102 degree weather.  No luck yet!
  • Having a BBQ with friends. 
  • Making S'mores for the first time with K.  (This kid doesn't turn down anything chocolate).  
You can follow our summer adventures on Instagram @michellerae1 #summer2014

What plans do your families have for the summer?  If you need some more ideas, be sure to check out this great list of one-day trips from a fellow Tampa Bay Moms Blog contributor.  We might add a few of these places to the bucket!

Happy Summer!



1 comment:

  1. I am a "lister" also. I don't always follow through but I try :) Love bucket lists and summer ones are a great way to keep everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete