Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why I Love the "Terrible Twos"

Little K is just over 2 1/2 now and those terrible tantrums parents warn you about are in full effect.  Everyone warned us 3 is the worst and as he approaches that age, I can see why.  We have our fair share of meltdowns brought on by the wrong pajamas, the wrong colored dinner plate, just looking at him when he didn't agree to it .... you know what I'm talking about! Moments that make me consider becoming a raging alcoholic.  

But despite all those challenging moments, I really think I like this age the best.  So far, anyway. These tantrums are just evidence that K is learning to express himself and his opinions.  He's really developing his personality and loves to tell stories.  He's learning how to do things on his own - and really WANTS to.  Don't you dare try to help him get dressed or open his PlayDoh no matter how hard he struggles!  

This morning as we snuggled on the couch while he explained today's episode of Chuggington to me (at least from his unique perspective), I really had this moment of bliss.  What a sweet little boy he's becoming.  I'm just loving watching him grow.  

"1 - 2 - 3 - 4"





No comments:

Post a Comment