Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September Catch up

Man, I've been neglecting this blog the past few weeks!  Sorry guys!

If you haven't noticed, I've been busy getting used to my new gig as a contributor for the Tampa Bay Moms Blog!  I could not be more excited to have the opportunity to write for this blog.  I've been a fan of the blog since its inception.  It's a wonderful resource for Tampa moms and the contributors are an amazing group on women.  Anywho, you can find me there twice a month - every other Friday.  Be sure to head over to the page and follow us.

Earlier this month, we had the opportunity to spend a few days at the beach in Destin.  What a beautiful place.  We savored our rare family time, enjoyed the beach, and had a great time with family.  It took K some time to warm up to being somewhere new - we aren't good with change - but he had a great time with his grandparents, the waves, and the "big ocean". 




For the September challenge, I really wanted to cut back on eating out.  I eat at work way too much.  Mostly because I don't cook much at home anymore (no sense cooking for 1) and because I need to get out of the office for a while.  But with the holidays approaching, and the project list around the house increasing, I need to cut back.  My goal was to eat out just once a week.  I enlisted my lunch partner for help.  So far, we both suck!  But I have definitely brought my lunch more in the past two weeks than I have in months so that's a step in the right direction.  Every little bit counts. 

How do you save for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment